Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Pharmaceutical Bandits

I don’t usually do this, but here’s a single song. The original version of the song is from Rx Bandits' debut, and simply titled "Band-Aid," but this is a rather killer dub version from a compilation CD. The comp is essentially a demo reel for Ikey Owens, the liner notes state, “everything on the album has been affected for better or worse by me.” The disc is from 1998, from a now defunct SoCal label, so as you can imagine, it’s strictly reggae, power pop, ska & dub. I’m not one for compilations, but I really dig this.

As old as this is, it says “Pharmaceutical Bandits” and not “Rx Bandits.” Because this was my introduction to the band, they’re forever the Pharmaceutical Bandits in my mind. Since this comp is such a forgotten artifact, I thought maybe Rx Bandits fans might not be aware of this song’s existence

The Pharmaceutical Bandits – "Band-Aid for My Soul (Radiolistener Dub Version)"
from The Radiolistener Remixes (1998) on Vegas Records

No comments: